Monday, May 25, 2009

Now I'm Getting Nervous.

Well, I had a nephew born yesterday and now I am officially on deck. Yep, I will be the next one to have a baby in this family. That is, unless I am grossly overdue and my next sister-in-law is really early, but both of those are possibilities as I am always late and she is always early. I am only seven weeks from my due date now, and I guess you could say that I am officially getting nervous. Yes, I've done it twice before, but that does not make me less nervous. Maybe it's worse because I know what is coming. I have this feeling that I will be early too, but I think that is probably just wishful thinking. My first two sisters-in-law had girls in April, and everyone told me that was "the trend", and of course therefore that meant that I would also have a girl. (Right. Because we all know how accurate that type of thinking is.) But, now there is a boy, and I figure that means for sure I will also have a boy. Yes, I am also very scientific in my thinking. It all points to boy, in my opinion, but I still have to wait anywhere from five to nine more weeks to find out. I am finding it harder and harder to wait, but on the other hand I am fully aware that I am in an easier situation now than I will be once this baby is born. Haha.

That was typed earlier today. Now we just got home from town, having gone to visit the new baby. Yikes, what an exhausting trip. Unfortunately, Cody was a real brat at the hospital and I was ready to throttle him. He tore down the hallway laughing extremely loudly and would NOT come back. He did that twice, despite the very serious "chat" that his Dad had with him in the family waiting room. He is lucky he did not get a spanking for that. I thought Cody's bolting days were over, but I was mistaken. By the time we left the hospital I felt like crying. I felt like a loser, and I felt bad for bringing my kids along to see the baby because more than likely we just stressed out the new parents. Not that I had an option. Well, other than simply not going to see him, but I really wanted to see him when he was tiny and still in the hospital. Selfish? I guess maybe it was. I should have just let Mike go by himself straight after work rather than meeting him in town. At any rate, it was stressful and I am now feeling drained...both physically and emotionally.

Both boys are in bed now, but they are talking, laughing, squealing, throwing things...etc. The usual routine, really. I don't care, I guess, except that we formulated a plan yesterday to try to deal with Cody's raunchy moods lately. The plan was to put him to bed at 7 p.m. rather than close to 8 p.m. every day. Okay, you may be thinking that sounds like a no-brainer, but there was a reason we stopped putting him to bed that early. We didn't want to get up earlier than we already are. However, it has come to my attention lately that Cody gets up around the same time each day regardless of how late he stays up, so I thought maybe the same principle would apply for an earlier bed time. We tried it last night, and it worked wonderfully. On Cody anyway. Jamie was up til almost 9:30 p.m. for some reason, but I guess sometimes you just can't win! Anyway, because of our trek into town today we didn't get home until almost 7 p.m. and that threw the whole bedtime thing off. Now they got put down closer to 8 p.m. and they are still awake. I suspect they will be for quite some time yet. It is frustrating, but what can you do? Sometimes the routine gets upset, and things go awry. I was just hoping that we could at least be consistent for a week or so to test things out before we messed up a bedtime again.

Now I am feeling emotional and wishing for some peace and quiet. That is not happening. Hm. Daddy is intervening. Not sure whether that will be effective or not. Here's hoping. Hm. Doesn't sound promising. At least they are not fighting. Cody is singing now.

I had something I wanted to write about tonight, but wouldn't you know it, it has completely escaped me and I am having serious doubts that it is ever coming back, so I am going to sign off for now. Hopefully no one will be up in the middle of the night tonight. Cody got up last night at around 1 a.m. I was still awake, but was terribly dizzy, so I had to send Mike to put him back to bed. I'm off for now.

No comments: