Thursday, July 2, 2009


Hm. Starting to feel like maybe this baby will come early after all. Having a contraction as I type this, but I am not in labour or anything. Maybe I should time them anyway, just in case. That was 11:27 a.m. I was awake for much of the night last night with painful cramps, so I was beginning to wonder whether maybe I'll get my wish and have this baby on my Grandma's birthday tomorrow after all. However, it is very hard to say. I just really don't feel well today. I hope this won't drag on for weeks. If I have to feel like this for three straight weeks I'm going to get even grouchier than I already am. Not good. I guess I will have to wait and see. My poor mother is stressed out because her and my Dad are supposed to be leaving for the lake tomorrow afternoon and she wants me to have the baby today so that they don't leave and then have to turn around and come back. They live two and a half hours away as it is, but the lake that they are going to is another hour and a half away, so if I have it while they are away it will be quite the drive for them to get here, and they are coming to stay with our boys while we are in the hospital.

So, today is the day to get everything else ready. Last night I got the baby's hospital bag packed, and we are currently doing laundry to get our bed sheets clean. I will wash another set to put aside for my parents to use when they come. I still have to clean my ensuite bathroom, but I don't feel like it right now. I don't feel like doing anything, actually. And technically, I have some more shopping to do before this baby comes, but maybe there won't be time. Who knows? I am supposed to go to the library today too to return our books. Hm. Maybe I'll go later, but I'm not sure yet whether I will or not. Guess I'll see how I'm feeling.

Anyway, that is just a short update on the status of things. I am trying not to get my hopes up about having this baby on my Grandma's birthday. If I don't, I hope it doesn't come the next day either. It probably will be a while yet, but again, it's hard not to hope. I better go help Mike get this place ready. I'll likely be back with an update tomorrow.

No comments: