Monday, August 10, 2009

Crazy weekend.

Well, we had an eventful weekend. Hm. I don't even remember what we did on Friday. All I know is that it was the last day my Mom was here. Well, she left on Saturday morning. I was sad to see her go, but I knew she couldn't stay forever. Since then, things have been somewhat crazy. We went to a party on Saturday, which was good but difficult. I guess it was only difficult for me. Mike went boating with the guys but I stayed with the girls at the house. That left me in charge of all three boys. I had many offers of help from the girls, but I was still overwhelmed. Everyone was more than happy to hold Micah, which was great, but my troubles began around supper time, which is typical. I am going to skip the details here, but let's just say that everything always happens all at once, and I had a bit of a crisis with Cody right when Micah started wailing because he wanted to eat. I had to deal with Cody first and then I had to go hide in a room to feed Micah, but that left Cody and Jamie unsupervised out there somewhere. There were lots of people around, but nobody specifically watching Jamie, which stressed me out. I got overwhelmed and ended up crying when I finally got Micah into a quiet room. I guess technically there were many moments at the party where I almost cried. That is because I am still an emotional basket case. I knew Mike would be gone for hours, and they didn't even leave until 4 p.m. for the lake. Anyway, I survived, and it was really nice to see my friends and to let them meet Micah.

Then yesterday we got really crazy and packed up all the boys and headed for the big city, 2 1/2 hours away. We took them to see my Grandma, which was nice except that Micah got really fussy there and I had to feed him, which cut into my Grandma's time with him. I was kind of stressed at that point, but I guess that's just me. We went to see Mike's sister and her family at that time and to meet their new baby. He is ten days younger than Micah, and they are less than a pound different in size, so it was pretty cute to see them together. They have four boys, and we have three, so we put all seven boys on the couch together and got some pictures. We were there quite late. I fed Micah at 6:44 p.m. and once I was done we packed up and left. I didn't figure there was any way we'd make it back home before I needed to feed him again, but by some miracle, we did. Jamie didn't fall asleep until almost 10 p.m. in the van, and Cody was not much earlier than that. We got home about 10:30 and I fed Micah exactly four hours after his last feeding. I am very tired today, and should be napping right now, but thought I'd do a post first.

Now Jamie is napping and Micah is resting on Mike's chest, and Cody is watching videos on the ipod, so this might be a good time for me to sneak away. Then again, Micah may need to eat again soon. Hm. I think I'm exhausted enough that I might just make it happen anyway.

No comments: