Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Here we go again...

Yesterday was a rough day with the boys, particularly Cody. I don't want to get into details, but I'll just say that by four o'clock, all four of us were crying. In the morning, Jamie dumped about half of a box of Cheerios on the floor in the kitchen. I avoided them for a while, feeling sick about throwing them all out. Jamie kept coming in the living room, chewing on Cheerios with a grin. Then he'd say, "Bye!" and run to the kitchen again. Then I'd hear him say, "O-E-O's! YAY!!!" and chow down some more. I vacuumed them shortly thereafter. I don't think our kitchen floor is clean enough to eat off of these days.

Today so far, Jamie is driving me nuts. At breakfast, he dumped a whole bowl of Raisin Bran on the floor. Later, I found him on the bar stool, drinking Micah's vitamin D. Most of the bottle had been dumped on the counter. I felt a little like exploding. What is safe in this house?? How can I keep anything away from this kid? He has had multiple time outs in his crib for different disobediences, mostly for going in the baby swing, which he knows he is not allowed to do. The last time, I left him in his crib for a while because I had to deal with Micah, who has been spewing out mass amounts of clear, thick liquid all morning. When I went to release Jamie from his crib, he was naked from the waist down. I said to him, "You're naked!" and he said, "Why?" I think he stole my line.

Now, as I try to write a single post on here, Jamie just fell into the rabbit cage, one hand in the shavings beside Oreo, and one hand in the litter box. His legs were sticking up out of the cage and he was crying, saying "Owie!" repeatedly. I rescued him and washed his hands. Then, Cody took it upon himself to be the parent and started pushing and shoving his brother. I told him to stop, gave him a minute to respond and when he didn't, I told him he was having a time out. He of course, yelled, "NO!" so I had to grab his hand and physically propel him down the hallway toward his room. He scratched my hand with his nails. (The same thing he did yesterday, except yesterday he made me bleed. Seriously.) I got him to his room and told him he would have to stay there until lunch time. When I returned, Jamie was on the top of the back of the La-Z-boy and proceeded to fall over backwards when he saw me. He landed on the chair, thankfully. I was so mad. I am still mad. It is only 11:38 a.m. right now, but they are both eating lunch. When it is over, I will be putting them both to bed. I cannot do this all day every day. We seem to be in one of those bad patches right now.

On that note, I guess I will have to sign off for now. Hopefully this day will improve. I hate feeling mad at my kids. It feels so gross. I am trying to protect them and teach them, but I feel like I'm failing at every turn. I think I need a day off.

P.S. I forgot to mention that Mike was able to buy that snow suit yesterday. Phew! And my horse is not sold yet, so there is still hope.

No comments: