Monday, November 16, 2009

Sour milk and Shake'n Bake

It has been another long day. It started at about 5 a.m. with a fussy baby and has been non-stop ever since. It is nearly 7 p.m. and Mike just got home. Lucky him, he got to have an encounter with a dentist. He is running the bath now for the boys. I managed to cook some chicken and mashed potatoes without burning the house down, and that's something to be proud of. Okay, so it was Shake'n Bake. Either way, I cooked a real meal for the boys and served it all by myself. For anyone who is unaware, I am not exactly brimming with confidence when it comes to all things culinary. Somehow, we made it through the meal in relative calm, a rare occurrence indeed. On top of that, they both ate everything on their plates and had broccoli for dessert. Bonus.

This morning I spent most of my time cleaning sour milk puke off myself and off Micah. When he was finally so drenched in it that he could not handle it anymore, I gave him a bath. He smiled gratefully at me throughout the bath and proceeded to pee on the floor when I put him down on his towel. Ironically, just moments earlier I had questioned my decision to let the bath water out, anticipating this very thing. Micah was delighted with himself as he emptied his tiny, yet surprisingly full bladder on the bathroom floor and on himself and his towel. I managed to pop the plug back in the drain before all the water was gone and he was a little surprised to be put directly back into the tub. He didn't seem too bothered by it though. Once he was all cleaned up and dressed in a brand new onesie that he had never worn before, he proceeded to soak it with another abundant puke. Phew. Okay, I was wanting to wash that one again anyway so it would shrink a bit more. Micah was not finished with me yet though. Later on he pooped for the first time in seven days. Wow. That was fun too!

I was able to go outside for about half an hour today and it was beautiful outside. I was thankful for the opportunity to go for a short walk in the amazing uncharacteristic November weather. It was ten degrees today. We don't even have any snow yet. It's wonderful. I even sat on our porch swing and read my book for a while.

As far as my weekend goes, I decided to go see an optometrist on Saturday morning. Wouldn't you know it, I do have iritis again. I am on eye drops every four hours now, but I was on them for every two hours all weekend. Anyway, it is discouraging to have a relapse this soon after my last episode, but there is nothing I can do about it. Eye drops. Great. It has improved already, but I was really hoping it was nothing this time. The only bonus is that I have set an alarm to go off on my ipod every time I am due for my drops, and I picked a different sound for each time. Yesterday Cody said to me, "Mom, why is your iPod quacking?" It was, too.

So, it is now 8:30 p.m. and it is time to kick back and relax. Good night.

No comments: