Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More Time Change Backlash

Okay, so I'm a bit behind in here. I had a busy weekend, including a night out with the girls on Saturday. It was my sister's birthday, and we had a fun time. I actually stayed out just past midnight, but then had to go home because I was so tired and was not sure how the 40-45 minute drive would be in terms of staying awake. I left Micah behind, even though my trial run earlier in the week was not a success. Once again, he refused the bottle. Mike fed him 3.5 ounces of milk but had to use a dropper instead of a bottle. I felt bad, but it is not like he starved or anything. I don't know why he doesn't like bottles anymore. He used to take them no problem. He ended up waking up shortly after I got home, around 1 a.m. some time, maybe slightly later, so I fed him and then he went back to sleep. Sadly, I had trouble falling asleep. As a result, I am overtired and somewhat grouchy this week.

For some reason, I am having trouble sleeping at night lately. I don't know if it's because my brain is too busy, or just because my body is rejecting the time change. I hope I adjust soon because I am feeling exhausted all the time, and it is annoying. Right now, I should be cleaning my kitchen, but I just feel like I have to rest for a while. Just under and hour ago I attempted a nap, but as soon as I lay down, Micah woke up and wanted to eat. So much for that. It was my own fault for not thinking of it sooner. Now it is too late because once he goes down again, Jamie will be awake. I would have to be completely out of my mind to sleep while Jamie roams freely in this house.

This morning, Micah cut himself on one of our return air vents. Those things are so darn sharp! What is up with that? This is only a four year old house, so it's not like these are old and gross vents. His finger was bleeding so badly that he got blood all over the carpet as he crawled to me. He then crawled through my clean laundry and to my lap. I didn't notice the cut until I saw blood smeared all over my hand where he had touched me. I squeezed kleenex over it for a long time, but it just wouldn't stop bleeding! I took him to my room and tried to put a band aid on him. That was fun. He dripped blood on my bed sheets, which are now in the laundry, and on his sleeper too. Once the band aid was on, he chewed on it non stop. I was worried that he would get it off and then choke on it. I didn't want to put him down for a nap with no band aid, but I was afraid if I put him down with it on he would choke, as I said, so I didn't know what to do. He made my decision for me when he finally got the darn thing off. His finger had stopped bleeding, so I did put him down for a nap. When I went in to get him up again, (right after I foolishly attempted my own nap), there was blood on the crib rails and a tiny bit on his freshly cleaned crib sheet. I couldn't believe it. It seems to be okay now, but I don't know what to do about those vents. Do we now have to buy all new vents for the whole house?? That would be four to replace on the main floor. I don't know how much they cost, but it seems like a waste to throw away perfectly functional and nice looking vents. All of my boys have done this. Cody used to do it on purpose to make me feel sorry for him if he was mad at me, and then he would smear it all over his wall. Unbelievable.

Tonight will be a tough night because Mike has his course in town, so I'll be on my own. Should be interesting considering my level of fatigue. Last night I went for a brief trek through our bush to check out the area that we are considering fencing. Unfortunately, I went alone, so I don't really know what Mike's opinion will be. I think we're going to have to take out some trees, which makes me sad. It's kind of irrational though, because we have 80 acres of trees. It's not like we don't have any to spare. I just really like trees and hate to cut any down. I wish I could get someone in here with an opinion on how to set things up here. I have so much to think about in terms of horses and expenses that I don't even know whether to get one or not. The other problem is, I want several. Hahaha. I found another one for sale nearby that is very tempting for me. Now there are three that I really want, and two others that tempt me almost as badly. I mean, it's okay if there are several that I like. What is not good is when I feel like I will be really upset if I can't have them. That's how I am beginning to feel about three of them. I will probably be going to see one in spring break, which begins on Saturday. Yay! Well, it's yay for me because Mike is a teacher so he will be home with us. That is great. He will probably be doing some work on finishing our basement, which will go a long way towards restoring my sanity. I need to get rid of more of these toys.

I guess I better stop writing in here. I'm falling asleep as I type, and I have boys to watch and supper to plan. Have I ever mentioned how much I do not like cooking? How about how much I go blank when it comes to planning meals? Yeah. It's pretty pathetic, actually, but oh well. I really better go. I'll try to post a little more often.

No comments: