Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring break and no time for blogging!

Whew...I guess I have taken a longer break from this blog than I even realized. I can't do a long post right now because I need to lay down. I just wanted to say for the record that as of yesterday I am no longer a mom to three boys ages three and under. Yep, that's right. Cody turned four yesterday. He has been excited about his birthday for so long, and sadly, none of his cousins could come to his birthday party. (He doesn't have any friends outside of his cousins yet, but has so many cousins that he is not missing out at this point.) I was really, really sad because I knew he wanted to have a party and he wanted his cousins there. However, we told him the day before that nobody could come and that we were going to have a really fun day together as a family. In the morning, he helped me make his birthday cake, which we decorated with M&Ms. He pretty much dumped huge piles of them all over the cake. It was pretty, but wow, that was a LOT of M&Ms! Mike's parents were able to come, so that was nice. In the afternoon, I headed back to the fair without Micah, who was sick and still is, but I decided to take Cody along. Just me and my sweet little four year old. I had a blast with him. He was great, and we didn't get out of there until 8:25 p.m. but his attitude was excellent and so far today he has not even been grumpy. Wow.

Sadly, I am sick today. My throat is scratchy, my nose stuffed up, and my stomach is not in a good state either, for that matter. We have a huge family gathering today, but I don't know how Micah or I will survive it.

Jamie just came in and said to me, "Mommy, I brokeded Oreo's cage." I was not surprised by this admission, as I just heard the terrible clatter of the water bottle and the cage. I wasn't sure whether the bottle had been removed or whether he had knocked the cage off its base. Either way, it will need to be fixed.

Anyway, it has been a very eventful week and I would have posted sooner but for some homework I had to get done, and of course, being out at the fair. We took the whole family on Wednesday.

Oh dear. Jamie is still with me and I just heard another cage noise. I would bet money that Oreo is on the loose. I better go make sure Radar is not in the house or we will have some serious trouble. I need to lay down after that, so I will have to end this post for now.

I just got clobbered with a huge roll of wrapping paper by a grinning two year old who yelled, "Ready??? FIGHT!", followed by the beating of his mother and hysterical giggling on his part. I better go. I'll post again soon.

No comments: