Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Saga Continues...

I was hoping to do a post in here this week with a positive report on the state of health in this house, but we had a setback today. Jamie has been well, for the most part, but today he came down with a high fever out of the blue. He had no other symptoms, other than the fact that he was just laying in my arms and was very quiet, and his little body was burning hot. It turned out he had a fever of 103.5 F, and after making a few calls, I ended up taking him to the hospital again. I would have gone to a clinic, but it was too late in the day, and the same doctor who treated him last week was on call and said to bring him in, so I did. Mike was MCing the graduation celebration at his school, and I was at my sister-in-law's getting haircuts for the boys (all but Micah), so I had to leave Cody and Micah there and take Jamie myself. My cell phone was nearly dead, so they called Mike for me. I didn't think he'd answer because there was no cell service where he was. I just left and decided I'd call Mike if there was anything to update.

I have not left Micah with anyone other than Mike when I didn't know how long I'd be gone. I felt bad doing it, seeing my sister-in-law has three kids of her own, including a baby four months older than Micah, but I had little choice, and she volunteered to take them because she is awesome! So, off we went, after I gave him some children's Motrin. He perked up on the way there, and in the hospital. He was adorable, actually, and talked more than he normally does to strangers. (Still not a ton, but more than usual.) He was a trooper and let them check his ears, his eyes, his throat, his tummy, his breathing...etc. They found nothing, but confirmed he indeed had a fever. The doctor said to just keep him on ibuprofen and acetaminophen for three days to keep the fever under control. I find this whole thing weird. Why would he have a fever, especially that high, with no other symptoms? Because of the last two weeks, we are feeling uneasy about this new development, but maybe it will just work itself out. Who knows?

So, I am off for now, but just wanted to get that little update in there. Maybe I'll have a better report tomorrow. I am at least thankful that his digestive system does not seem to be bothering him at this point. We are praying that will continue to be the case. Goodnight.

No comments: