Monday, July 5, 2010

Jamie's sick again...and horse update.

I'm on the phone right now. More specifically, on hold with the doctor's office. Okay, I'm done for the moment. Jamie got sick again yesterday and we are now anxious for the results of his poop culture. I know that's gross, but that's what's going on with him right now. We are wondering if perhaps he is allergic to strawberries. He had a bit of a rough day yesterday and though today he seems okay physically, he is in that terrible snarly state that he gets in when he's sick, so I just don't know what to think. In the background I hear all kinds of crying and from what I can discern I would guess that he just hurt his baby brother, again. So, unpleasant times ahead for us today, I guess. For me, that is. Mike will be golfing all afternoon, and as usual, I selfishly hope it will rain because I have something I really need to do in town and I couldn't go this morning because I did not have enough time to make it there and back and get everything done before Mike needed to leave for his golfing.

And the plot thickens. I just spoke with someone at the lab who told me they have no requisition or even a record of anything for Jamie, so she is going to look into it and get back to me. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Does that mean we have to get another sample there and wait another three weeks for results? What if there's something in there that needs to be dealt with?? I'm really upset now.

Not that I'm in the mood to talk about this now, but I do want to give the horse update too. Our fence is almost complete and I just have to go to the store to buy a few more items such as a couple of halters and a few other things. That's what I wanted to do today, but was thwarted. I can't go later in the day because by the time Mike gets home it will be too late to get to town before the appropriate stores close. How frustrating!!! So I will have to do it tomorrow because guess what? We will be getting two horses delivered here on Wednesday! That's right, not only will we be buying Sasha, but Mike bought himself a horse on Saturday too, and she will be coming along with Sasha. I'm guessing they'll arrive some time Wednesday afternoon. I can hardly contain my excitement. The only downside is that I have to stop horse shopping now, and I have to say, I'm a little addicted so it will be hard. I will gradually wean myself off the horse classifieds, just like I had to wean myself from puppy shopping when we got Radar. I will try to divert my addiction towards saddle shopping for now. Hehe. At least it will give me something fun to do.

So, I should really sign off now because Mike is out there with all the boys and there is a lot of crying and whining going on. Hm. Then again, I get to deal with it for four or five hours by myself this afternoon, so perhaps I should not be too anxious to get in there. Either way, I must go for now. Hoping the lab will call back with good news about Jamie's situation. This has been such a drain on our emotions. I will try to post more regularly this week, and there is a very good chance I'll be posting pictures of our new girls on Wednesday when they arrive! Whoopeeee!

No comments: