Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

I had no idea it was Friday the 13th until I started this post. Not that it's a big deal to me. I am not superstitious. I do remember back in my junior high days that Friday the 13th was always kind of a big deal. I don't remember whether we did strange things that day or not. I just know we always knew when it was that day.

Nothing odd has happened here today. We did, however, have a massive storm last night. It was bad enough to scare me a bit. I woke up at 1:30 a.m. due to the very loud sounds of it, and there was a torrential downpour of hail. Yes, hail, and I think it continued for at least ten minutes without stopping. The lightning was non-stop, and we could see the poor horses standing out by the round pen when it flashed brightly enough. Well, we could see the shape of a horse. We could not tell whether it was one or two standing together. Either way, I felt bad for them being out there in all that hail. It had to have stung. At least it was only marble sized, and nothing bigger. I am not sure whether our vehicles sustained any damage or not. It was loud enough that I assumed they would be dented, but it rained most of the day today so I couldn't go out and Mike did not check them as far as I know.

I am still quite sore in my wrists, though my typing has improved in leaps and bounds. I can type quite quickly now, though it is not without painful moments. Good thing though, as I have a homework assignment due on Sunday. I think I may have finished it, but I am waiting to get a bit of feedback from Mike. He probably won't say anything much, so I might have to ask someone else. Hehe. Constructive criticism is not really his forte. I think like any wise husband, he is terrified to say anything negative to me lest I take it personally and sentence him to the dog house. I am learning to embrace suggestions about my writing though, and I do appreciate honest suggestions. Probably a bad idea to put him in that position.

I still cannot pick up my baby, but if I am sitting on the recliner, I am able to use my elbows to pull him onto my lap, so I can cuddle him a bit. That helps my outlook on things significantly. I was very sad that I was going to miss the last month or two of his baby stage. He is growing so quickly. My ankle is doing very well and I barely even need to limp now, which is odd, seeing it has been confirmed to have a fracture. It is my left arm, the one without a cast, that is giving me the most trouble at this point in time. I look forward to seeing the doctor on Tuesday and seeing what the new x-rays show.

Anyway, I am in decent spirits at this point in time. I am still upset about what happened, but as I improve, I get less depressed and I am starting to believe more that I will be able to ride again. I will probably have fear, but I am sure I will do it. Not for a while though. So, I'm getting pretty sore here, so it's time to sign off. No fabulous Jamie stories to share for now. They will all be Mike's for the next while, seeing he is the one doing all the child care around here while I'm out of commission. Oh, my mom and dad did come out for the day on Wednesday and that was very helpful. I guess my biggest struggle right now continues to be guilt. Guilt for not helping out. Guilt for not picking up Micah when he wants me. And as Mike gets more and more worn down, my guilt increases. I am trying to reject it, as I cannot help the way things are right now. Still, I hope things improve soon. I'm off for now.

No comments: