Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recovery update

It has been four and a half weeks since I fell off Sasha. I am happy to report that I am doing much better. I posted earlier this week about my new splint for my right wrist. It has been so nice to be able to remove it on a daily basis for such simple things as scratching and washing my arm. It is more sore than it was in the cast, however, so I have to be more careful. Either way, it is so much better than it was and typing is also much easier with this splint than it was with the cast. My left wrist is nearly completely healed, in my estimation. If I really rotate my hand around as far as possible, it hurts, but only a tiny bit. My right ankle is a little sore, though I can walk quite well. I just have to be careful with it. Oh, and I am also relieved to report that my poison ivy has improved in leaps and bounds. I have two large patches that are still fairly itchy, and a few other patches that are mildly itchy, but it is far better than it was several days ago. Phew. Am I finally returning to normal???

So, having said all that, I did a workout today for the first time since two days before my fall. It was only a 20 minute workout, and only abs, but I figure that is a start. There were a few moves I could not do because of my wrist and my ankle, but most of it was fine. I am going to try a different one tomorrow and see how it goes. Maybe I will be able to get going on getting in shape after all. Seems like an impossible task at this point, but for what it's worth, I am going to try. Perhaps I should not announce that in here. I am not terribly confident in my ability to shape up at this point, but as I said, I have to at least try. So, today is day one in my quest. Perhaps I will have the nerve to update that status in here occasionally as well. Perhaps not. Haha. It is hard to say. It is not something I generally enjoy talking about. I hope to be able to report at some point an increase in energy, and perhaps even a lift in my spirits. My old clothes fitting better would also be a desirable outcome, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I sure did have some cute clothes before I got pregnant with Cody five years ago. It would be awfully nice to wear them again some day, before they are completely out of style. Sigh.

Anyway, I don't have much else to report today. It was a decent day. We went to the dump. What could be better than a dump day? Mike is supposed to be watching a movie with me tonight, so hopefully he will be ready soon. I'm off for now.

No comments: