Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To Travel, or Not To Travel...

So I'm supposed to be taking the boys to the big city tomorrow and staying overnight for Cody's specialist appointment. I was already a bit stressed over this trip because I will have to travel for three hours with three little boys and no other adults. Add to that my busy morning with Cody's preschool, and trying to decide whether to take him out early or not in order to leave here by 1 p.m. Now there is a snowfall warning in effect for all of the southern part of the province, particularly along the TransCanada highway, which would be 100% of my route. So. Now I am faced with two decisions. One: Do I go anyway, or do I stay home? Two: If I go, do I leave first thing in the morning and skip preschool, or stick with my original plan? The thing is, in some major form of denial today, I did no packing of any sort to prepare for this trip. I did do all the boys' laundry, so I have plenty to choose from, although I did neglect my own laundry. Oops. So if there is any chance of me going at all, it is going to require me staying up late tonight to pack, or getting up at an ungodly hour to get ready. I don't even have a list for what to pack, which I normally would. Everything in me at this point wants to stay home. I hate winter highway driving. This particular stretch tends to be bad. I am apprehensive to say the least. I'm off to watch a bit of TV. More denial. It has always worked well for me. I'll keep you posted on whether we go or not. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Songinthenight said...

I hope you didn't go!!! Yikes...so much snow!!!