Friday, August 26, 2011

A sigh of relief for a quiet evening...hopefully.

This week has ended with a bigger challenge than usual because Mike is away. He left last night after he bathed the boys, so around 6:30 p.m. and I have been on my own with them ever since. It has been all right, I guess. They have not been too bad, but last night I had a terrible time settling them all. I thought I had settled the older two and then at 7:50 p.m. I was putting Micah to bed when Cody got up. He could not sleep. So I tucked Micah in and took Cody out to the living room to sit with me for a while. It was kind of sweet. Cody and I don't get a lot of quality one on one time, so it was nice to chat with him. He was so cute, and at one point he looked at me almost with a shy smile and said, "Mom, I just really want to marry you." It was the sweetest thing. I gave him a hug and he said, "You're my best mom ever!" That's my Cody. Very sweet and encouraging and so incredibly loving.

I put him back to bed about half an hour later, but shortly after that Micah woke up. Yeesh. He was crying at first. I went to check him and there was not really anything wrong. I tucked him in again, but after that he was just singing at the top of his lungs in there. I had planned to spend my solitary evening writing and enjoying some quiet time, reading and relaxing. But I just couldn't relax knowing my kids were not settled. This went on until 9:40 p.m. It was so frustrating. I ended up reading because I was too frazzled to write, so I was up later than I planned, but before I even turned out the lights (somewhere around midnight), Jamie was up. I guess he was thirsty because I heard him leave his room and go to the kitchen. A few minutes later he returned to his room and shut the door. I did not even see him and was not sure which one of them had been up, but he did it again a few minutes later so I went to see if everything was okay. Well, it was, but I could not believe they had all been up. I was anticipating a horrible night. I managed to sleep until 5:30 a.m. After that, Radar went nuts outside and at 6 a.m. I had to yell at him to be quiet. So I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I was not a happy camper.

We spent the day at my sister's place where the boys played with their cousins (also three boys) and we met their new puppy. He is yet nameless, but check out this amazing cutie.

I expect Mike home tonight, but not until well after I am in bed. Probably 1:30 or 2 a.m. Tonight was better though, in that everyone was asleep by 7:30 p.m. I am doing diaper laundry right now, but once it's done I will move into my room and either read or work on my book some more. I really hope none of the boys will be up during the night tonight. I am also considering bringing the dog in overnight, as I was ready to kill him this morning!

The only other news around here is that we are still busy trying to organize this place, and Mike took our white racks out of the closet and built shelves and new hanging racks in there so we could get organized. I took some pictures, but none of them do it justice. Honestly, I love it so much I actually feel like hanging out in the closet. Haha. It's like a nice quiet little room. I'll post a picture or two from before we got all our stuff back in. It looks better now, but this gives an idea what it's like. 

And other than that, life is the same as ever. I woke up in the morning a couple of days ago to this scene in the boys room, which had been cleaned just the day before. 

Yep. The boys took Jamie's bed apart. They use the mattress for "skydiving", in which they "fly" off Cody's bed and land on the mattress. Notice the bedding and other junk all over the floor. 

Above you can see a white substance spread all over the carpet. That would be coconut, stolen from a high cupboard at an ungodly hour in the morning. It was all over the floor and each bed. The room smelled like a tropical vacation. Too bad it didn't look like one. I was very frustrated, and made the boys clean it up, including vacuuming. But the next morning Jamie dumped iced tea powder all over his bed and Cody's. Will I ever win this battle?

Now I am going to see whether I can lock Radar in his crate for the night. It's getting dark out, so I'll have to do it right now. That way, at least if he barks he can't do it outside my window. Bye for now.

No comments: