Sunday, March 25, 2012

On the home stretch.

I survived another day and night alone with these boys. Yesterday was difficult. I don't know if it was the weather, or just general fatigue, or even hormones, but I was really depressed yesterday. I did a lot of laundry but other than that I did not really do anything at all. The boys got up way too early, so there were attitudes and moods to contend with, and the weather was so gross they barely spent any time outside. They did go to bed much earlier than the previous night and settled quickly, so that was good. Micah was up twice in the night with nightmares, but I only had to go to him once, and it was actually only at 9:30 p.m., so that was much better too. Still, I did not sleep well. I think that goes with the territory from now on.

Today is cold and cloudy again, but not wet and gross, so still an improvement. Mike will be home some time today, but I honestly don't know when. He planned to leave first thing in the morning from where he is, but I have no idea what he will define as first thing in the morning. I would love to think he has been on the road an hour already, but somehow I doubt it. If he left early enough, he could even get here by late afternoon, before supper.

For now, the boys are playing quite nicely together, which has been really relaxing for me. I am debating between making my bed, and crawling back under the covers for a while. Hehehe. I think the covers are going to win.

I suppose the most exciting thing that happened yesterday was in the animal kingdom. I looked out the living room window and saw Radar out there having a fight with a muskrat. Muskrats are about half the size of a large house cat, but those beasts are vicious. There was a heck of a battle going on, and we all gathered around the window to watch. Truthfully, we were all laughing because it was so funny to see this thing leaping and chasing this huge dog. I videoed it, but had no zoom, so it's not the best video. Anyway, in the end, it was kind of sad because Radar got a grip on it and shook it to death. Literally. He killed it and then carried it off into the woods somewhere, presumably to bury it. Yuck. Then I felt bad, though I couldn't have saved it anyway. I suppose it was a good thing he killed it. They are really mean, and I don't really want them in the yard. If one of our boys was to go after one, it would get very dangerous very fast.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Time to have one last chance to huddle under my blankets before I really get up and face the day. Don't worry, we've all eaten breakfast already, so I'm not neglecting my kids. Bye for now.

No comments: