Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Five

 For some bizarre reason, I thought the boys would behave better here. I was wrong. Very wrong. They don't seem to care anymore about "Gramama's rules", nor does it bother them that they are in someone else's house. They have entered forbidden rooms, stolen food...etc., just like at home. This morning I went into "our" room to settle Lauren for a nap. While she was falling asleep, I made our bed and Micah's and tidied up our clothes. I was in there five or ten minutes. When I came out, Micah was sitting on the basement floor, buck naked. I asked him why he was naked. He said there were no clothes in the boys' room, which was false. I took him by the hand and found him some clothes. Then I had a disturbing thought. I asked him where his pyjamas were. He didn't tell me. I told him to go get them, so he ran off, still only wearing underwear. He returned a few minutes later with his pyjama bottoms, which were dripping wet. I mean, completely drenched. He dropped them on the carpet. I freaked out. I made him put them in the laundry basket and demanded to know what happened to them. He informed me they were wet. No kidding. I thought maybe he had played in the shower or something, because a mere pee accident could not possibly drench a pair of pants that thoroughly. But just to be sure, I asked him if he had peed his pants. He said no. I asked him then how did they get so wet. He just said, "Toilet". Toilet???? I then confirmed with him that he had put his clothes in the toilet. I made him retrieve the pyjama top, which was also wet but not as bad. And there you have it, being away from home has not put any kind of damper on their mad skills.

Anyway, here is a picture of the house on Tuesday, the day the gravel was getting delivered and packed. I'm having a hard time keeping track of what I have already mentioned on here, so bear with me if this is redundant, or repetitive, or I'm saying the same things over and over again. Or redundant.

Not bad, right? I did not get a shot of the driveway, but you'll just have to take my word on how mucky it was. The good news is that later that day, one of the movers came back and was happy with the work that was done with the gravel. It was decided they would go ahead and start the moving process the next day. At the end of my most discouraging day, this was the incredible sunset God blessed me with.

Fast forward to yesterday. The movers spent the whole day jacking the house up. Here it is at around 3:30 p.m. It's not looking so good, cosmetically speaking. You can see the front half is lifted up a little but the back half was not done yet. 

From the front, a different view than the day before.

And here it is by the end of yesterday. You can see the house is completely separated from the basement. 

Apparently the house is on rollers. Don't ask me what that means. In all honesty, I don't see any rollers. I can't picture what they look like or where they are. All I know is, this process is taking a long time. Supposedly today they will be moving it onto the beams. After that, it's just a matter of pulling it up to the new basement and then rolling it on. I am going to stop in there this afternoon and see whether there is any progress or not. If there is, I will take pictures. If there isn't, I will probably just cry. The frustrating part of all this is that they could have done everything they did yesterday, the day before, while the gravel was being moved. We would have been a whole day ahead of where we are now. There is a blizzard coming on Saturday, and I just have my doubts that the house will be secured on the new basement by then. I guess it's just a matter of more waiting to see what will happen. I'm off to hold a fussy baby and try to fold some laundry.

No comments: